• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyone else here who does JKD?

Yes i do am are a strong jkd expert , i have been doing it for years. if you have any questions please ask.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Is there anyone else here who does JKD?

Yes i do am are a strong jkd expert , i have been doing it for years. if you have any questions please ask.

great and i will :)

Close the gap and destroy!

gbells,

what all is in your over-all JKD instruction?

For us, there is a lot of clinch work as well as grappling. ( with us, fishooks,groin grabs ect. are ok and are a legitimate submission if the guy taps, we try to make it as real as possible for the street.) We do quite a bit of stick work as well as knife, kickboxing including MT and Savate techniques and boxing just to name some of the things we do.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I'm just starting Jeet Kune Do. I've been out of the martial arts loop for a little while, but was studying Isshinryu beforehand.

Please explain something to me; what is the benifit of the last three knuckles over the first two? As an Isshinryu student I understand the advantages of the verticle fist but I still don't get the last three knuckles, what am I not seeing?

Also, Master Lee believed far to many martial artist spend all their time perfecting technique and no time training their bodies which creates what should be an oxymoron; an out of shape martial artist. I happen to agree, and a large percentage of my training is devoted to weight lifting, cardio, and flexibility training, as well as developing the abdomen for impact. How many of you in JKD currently use a rigorus PT schedule as part of the main ingestion of your training?