• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Netscape

SaiFightsMS

I was using netscape 6.2 as an alternative to microsofts internet explorer and then began experiencing problems. It seems that it often becomes corrupted.

Does anyone else try to work with netscpae? Any feedback on problems or solutitons?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hiya Sai.

I used to. Now I have IE 6 (I think LOL). I used to have problems with netscape also. One thing you can do is delete the program (add/remove program in control panel), and reload it. That usually worked for me. Or you can try running a virus scan. You might have a "bug". Or try both.

I hope this helps :smile:

Laurie F

Thats Funny ??? I have the opposite problem.

My netscape works fine but my IE is giving me problems. Do you have windows ME?? Its been giving me headaches :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Damn you Bill Gates!!! ...... I miss my Mac!!!!

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

One of the recent releases of Netscape was extremely buggy, but I thought that was 6.1, not sure at all. I'd go to Netscape's site and check for updates. I've always been an IE kid myself.

Shoto,

Yea, I have ME. ME was a pain for me at first. But it was missing a "patch" (a niche in the program), but ME fixed it and offered the patch, and it's been ok so far. I have to ask my other half how he found the patch for me. I'll let you know.

Laurie F

Actually I have XP and get automatic notices everytime and update or a patch comes out. I run my virus scan everyday. It is set to run on a schedule and I make sure I check the logs. It is also auto updated.

It can be a bit of a pain sometimes to be in the hot part of a battle game and have the screen popon telling me that the programs is requesting access to the internet.

Hiya Sai.

Looks like ya got everything covered then. I donno what's wrong with your netscape then :sad: Maybe cch is right. It might still have a "bug" in the program that Netscape hasn't found yet.

Laurie F

Netscape is generally pretty bug. It's open source software which means you're free to fix the bugs up yourself! =p

I downloaded mozilla the other, it's awesome, it has tabbed browsing.

Here's a link to an Australian mirror if you want to download it,

http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.0/mozilla-win32-1.0-installer.exe

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.