• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd say start cross-training once your first style becomes easy to pick up, remember and teach. Before that, it would be too easy to get wires crossed.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

If you feel comfortable beginning your cross-training now, then I would do so. The nice thing about Boxing or Muay Thai is that there won't be any curriculum to worry about. You will get some good conditioning, and lots of technique work. High repitition training that will help you out, I think.

If you feel comfortable beginning your cross-training now, then I would do so. The nice thing about Boxing or Muay Thai is that there won't be any curriculum to worry about. You will get some good conditioning, and lots of technique work. High repitition training that will help you out, I think.

I agree. No time like the present.

black belt or kyu right before it. But that's just me and most will say i'm nuts. And i got to say, i think Isshinryu has some of the best hands around.
I totally agree, Isshinryu does have great hand work but one black belt at our dojo was a boxer and it was such a great compliment to Isshinryu I want to start training in boxing too. He has the most devistating punch combos in the dojo.