• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you're gonna use the lead leg....

If you're going to use the lead leg for an attack such as front leg roundhouse kick then i reckon you should back it up with a spinning kick every time, instead of just using it on its own. The slide-up version even needs another technique (preferable a spinning kick) added to it...

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I suppose that might work against most people, as anything really would -- but against a skilled person, that's another good way to get hurt in my opinion.

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

Yeah, obviously... But i hardly EVER use the lead leg to kick unless i'm doing a hook kick, and i back it up with a turning kick straight away... I just see some people thrust out a roundhouse from the front leg and not even follow thru with a punch! I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE!!

I don't really agree with that, I fought against many skilled karateka and if you try a spining kick on them, they hit you when you're back is turned.

I use a front leg roundhouse alot and i usually back it up with a gyakuzuki, (back hand punch)

well thats my opinion :karate:

"In combat know the enemys rhythm, use a rhythm he cannot anticipate, upset his rhythm, and win." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Oss!

Chris Pullan.

1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)

Is this full contact? I wouldn't use a front leg kick in full contact (with grappling)... I suppose a backfist isn't a bad move either... I'm not saying that i do these moves, i just see people do them without even backing them up.

You won't catch me doing any spinning kicks anymore, unless it's of dire necessity...

I use my lead leg for a teep (front push kick, foot-jab). When I'm going to use a thai round kick for it, I either to a quick switch or I step up with my right foot. I like to throw a jab to the face as I switch or step so they don't see the kick.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Yeah, that's basic misdirection and taking their mind off it, but some karateka just do one kick and think that's it. A grappler would have them on their arse so quick!

I don't see myself every doing any type of one technique and having that be it. Yes, definitely, if you have the opportunity (and you usually do if you can land a strike or kick or whatever), to do more. Don't just stop and think that's all that was required to win the fight. I think we all agree on that. :-)

Regards,

Tim Greer -> admin@chatbase.com | Phone: 530-222-7244

I study any and every style and I'm always looking to spar!!

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)

I use my lead leg like I use a jab and if I want power I switch or step up kick.I wouldn't be doing any spining kicks or you'll find you could be caught pretty easy.

use your hand to set up your feet and visa versa.