• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thai-Ju-Jitsu:

I heard it was a pretty balanced style as it teaches both stand up fighting and ground fighting which makes this style one of the most complete styles I've seen thus far. This is one of my favorite martial arts of all time, but its hard to find now adays unless you train in both Jujitsu and Mui Thai. I'm surprised that I've never seen an professional MMA fighter be classified under such a style.

(And by the way I've never actually trained in Thai Ju-Jitsu, but rather just Ju-Jitsu and Mui Thai separately as well as some Ryukyu Kempo)

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As those are two different languages stuck together, it's just Thai boxing combined with Jiujitsu. That's not original or a seperate style of its own. It's MMA. Which, by definition, is the Mixture of various martial arts.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Its not Thai Ju Jitsu, but rather Taijitsu. Its Japanese Ju Jitsu. Unless Im mistaken, Taijitsu is the overall reference to samurai martial arts, if you will. While it does teach standup and grappling techniques, I wouldnt call it a complete style. Its a little outdated in terms of what it was originally used for, and just because you can find moves within a particular styles curriculum doesnt mean that the instructors are proficient at it.

Yup, exactly as suspected. It's Thai Boxing and BJJ. This is neither new or original.

They are from two different languages and cultures, so it would have to be a 'new' system (although as mentioned, most call such a pairing MMA)

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

They are from two different languages and cultures, so it would have to be a 'new' system (although as mentioned, most call such a pairing MMA)

I disagree. For it to be a "new" system. It should contain elements that no one else does. This simply eliminates the elements that are believed unnecessary. That's not new. The school teaches Thai Boxing and Jiujitsu. He can call it whatever he wants, but both styles have a long history and have been combined in tandem by many fighters.

I disagree. For it to be a "new" system. It should contain elements that no one else does. This simply eliminates the elements that are believed unnecessary. That's not new. The school teaches Thai Boxing and Jiujitsu. He can call it whatever he wants, but both styles have a long history and have been combined in tandem by many fighters.

In actuality, it seems very much like what many MMA gyms are doing nowadays. Like you mentioned, ps1, the combining of these styles has been going on for quite some time, with the influence of MMA. Thai-Ju-Jutsu is really just a fancy catch phrase, so when people look up the gym, they get a general idea of what they are getting into (if they have the Martial Arts and language experience to associate the ideas, that is).