• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Jack,

Well, this is a competition with rules, a little outside what I normally deal with, but I would like to help and hope I can.

If the Kickboxer goes for your legs to force you back, i.e. the famous kick to the back of the thigh, kick him high to the chest or face. Or better, take the thigh hit and at the same time close the distance with a straight punch to the face.

Don't retreat, never step back. If you do you've lost. What they will expect is for you to step back and try to move out of the way. Do the opposite and short-circuit their thought process. Be aggressive, but not blind or foolish. Hit hard and decisive. Don't jump in the air. Everytime someone has tried to jump in the air and kick I have simply pressed them back down with a simple front kick. It's too slow of a kick. Focus on quick and direct. The kickboxers (by style) are going to try and intimidate you through aggressive leg strikes and force to back up because of your fear of being hit. Don't give them that advantage. If you have to, take a hit to the thigh and simultaneously strike him high or to the gut.

I can't really give you specific techniques because you'd end up programming yourself and if your opponent did something unexpected you'd lose the match.

Be relaxed and sharp. Focus and open your mind. That's really it.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone is charging at you with punches, lean back and deliver a side kick to their stomach. But any advice someone gives you is nothing, unless you practice sparring untill it hurts. Then you will be conditioned in getting hit and won't be scared of getting hit. If you have never been hit before, the first time you get hit, your body will tell you to give up. Brain to body: "Hey stupid, give up so we don't have to take this beating. We're going to die!" But if you're conditioned to being hit, the feeling isn't that bad. Brain to body: "Hey this ain't so bad. Hit me again, biocth, I'll hit you back ten times harder."

Here are some advice: If it works, do it again. If you get in a front kick to the stomach, kick him again. Just kick him harder the second time because he might see it coming. If he doesn't see it, you've got him.

Keep hands and feet moving.

If it doesn't work, don't do it again. You'll pay for it. Trust me on this one.

Don't be unsecure about your skills. Be confident. Confident is all you have.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Well done Jack.

Way to represent the Karatefourms staff. LOL....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Hehe. I have to head off to school in just a few minutes but when I get home I'll tell you all about it.

Thanks again. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com