• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Program... charge how much?

I could be talking utter rubbish here as i have never ran my own club :roll: But i would be careful with this. I think its a brilliant idea for the mums and parents of students. But i would consider that some of them may be single parents and may not be able to afford anything to high if they already have students at the club. However you also have to think of your own costs.

I know that i struggle to pay for myself and my son to train, and we are very cheap. Like i say i know not a lot about business, although i think its a great idea and i hope it works for you. :)

youre right. its no crime for a teacher to charge what is fair. i mean, he has to feed his family too! at the same time, if a teacher looks at his area, if he charged a lot, he is going to be lucky to have 10 students. why not charge wat people can afford and have 50 students!

if somebody is a new teacher its not a good idea to try to be the expensive guy, until you have a reputation built up. get people talking about the class and the teaching, and supply/demand will take care of the rest!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in agreement here...demographics are very important when considering what to charge. I currently charge half of what the main school charges-much to the dismay of the Master Instuctor-but if I raised my prices to meet his I would loose almost all of my students-in fact, I can't think of one who could afford it. I believe that martial arts should be made available for everyone regardless of socio-economic status so I charge accordingly but I do offer two programs...one costs a bit more but allows for unlimited classes and those that can afford it and want to train like a maniac pay it. I don't force "contracts" but because I am in the business of teaching self-discipline and committment I have my students sign an agreement to train for a specified amount of time. Those who agree to a long-term comittment get to "lock in their monthly rate" for that period of time....but if they stop training and then come back they are subject to current tuition rates.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm in one of the schools I help teach in, we charge a flat rate and you can participate in all the classes.

$50.00

And you get access to

Iaido, Kobudo, Karate Do, Aerobics and Self defense

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

Hmmm in one of the schools I help teach in, we charge a flat rate and you can participate in all the classes.

$50.00

And you get access to

Iaido, Kobudo, Karate Do, Aerobics and Self defense

Not bad !!!!!

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I find that its a very good deal. And in another school that I call my favorite school for some reason or another.

You get

Karate, Kobudo Aerobics and Judo/Aikido for 40 bux a month.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku