• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Essential kit you take to class

DWx

I carry advil, hand santizer, chap stick,d.o., face wipes,a sewing kit for touraments it just stays in my bag, 2 pair of shinguards, notebook and pen, my gi and sparring gear and mouthguard, numchucks, I use to carry and Ice pack until it got used and then I bought a few and left them at the dojo, some quarters for the gatorade machine, and one of karate do books, sometimes a Blackbelt mag. or etc.,and a bottle of water or 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the single most important (or weirdest) item you carry to class (besides your gi and sparring kit)?

My kit bag is like a sack of bricks, I carry probably twice as much as I will ever need. Most important item though would be my mini- first aid kit with an endless supply of plasters... don't know what the weirdest item is.

Muay Thai boxing gloves (Twins)

NHB style gloves (Fairtex)

Wrestling head gear (Brute)

Mouthpiece (Everlast)

Handwraps (Ringside)

Towel (sweaty)

Homemade Sportsdrink (Tea + Tang + Lemonjuice -- mix weakly)

Timer for rounds (dollar store special)

Two heavy sticks for escrima (axe handles cut to 31" length)

Knee pads (Asics - volleyball style with gel)

Body shield for focus mitt drills (Ringside)

Folder full of liability waivers and a pen (Most important item here)

I bicycle to my dojo, but my bag is still pretty big.

Gi & Obi

Shinguards

Gumshield

Protective cup

Towel

Water bottles

Protein shaker and powder

Chocolate milk for the protein (don't laugh, the Danish cocoa milk has a great fat/protein ratio. 0.4% fat, 3.5% protein :P)

Shampoo & conditioner

Grading curriculum, Karate passport etc.

Sometimes I take the bag with me for classes, so I occasionally have books, the Nintendo DS (for looking up kanji), and my laptop with me :D

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I bicycle to my dojo, but my bag is still pretty big.

Gi & Obi

Shinguards

Gumshield

Protective cup

Towel

Water bottles

Protein shaker and powder

Chocolate milk for the protein (don't laugh, the Danish cocoa milk has a great fat/protein ratio. 0.4% fat, 3.5% protein :P)

Shampoo & conditioner

Grading curriculum, Karate passport etc.

Sometimes I take the bag with me for classes, so I occasionally have books, the Nintendo DS (for looking up kanji), and my laptop with me :D

what is a karate passport if you don't mind me asking?

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• 2 months later...

My fast bag is simply boxing glove, wraps, mma gloves, mouthpiece, headgear and cup. No gi, but I do still keep my belt with me wherever I go. Go figure.

My heavier bag keeps a set of kempo glove, caged headgear, shin, knee and elbow pads as well as another set of boxing gloves. It stores a set of focus mits as well, a few training knives, red gun, and sticks. A notebook usually stays in here as well for notes. Oh, and a spare mouthpiece. This only goes out whith me when I know I'm teaching or doing certain things.

I've added to my kit (I have to bring weapons to every class now so that is most of it)

Sparring gear (head gear, chest protector, hand gear, feet gear, mouth guard)

Testing requirements binder

Weapons (bo staff, escrima sticks, sais, tonfas, two chucks)

Belt

Camcorder

Insidentally my escrima sticks hang out my bag about 6-8 inches, sometimes they fall out when I take my bag out of my car, and of course the bo staff doesn't fit in the bag. Besides that I bring my purse to class. My binder is also 2 inches thick and usually gets squashed pretty good in the bag. If I had the money I'd buy a weapons bag. Half the time I leave my bo staff at the dojang accidentally.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

Well before I moved, my bag usually had the normal equipment gi, cup, tape, black belt, sparring gear, mouth piece.

I would carry my weapons that fit in my bag also.

weirdest thing I ever carried though, was my old white belt. Just remember what my sensei always told us in class that we are always learning and in reality will never achieve that final mark till we ourselves know we are ready.

• 3 months later...

Oh wow, the rubber band ball beats mine, but I carry sanitizer and wipes, not only for me but for my germaphobic classmate. I also carry three do boks and three sets of sparring gear. I also carry a home made trauma kit.

Maybe not odd, just prepared.

Going For Gold St. Petersburgh '10

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position"

- Ed Parker