• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Essential kit you take to class

DWx

Whats the single most important (or weirdest) item you carry to class (besides your gi and sparring kit)?

My kit bag is like a sack of bricks, I carry probably twice as much as I will ever need. Most important item though would be my mini- first aid kit with an endless supply of plasters... don't know what the weirdest item is.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't carry much to class. For my Monday morning DT classes, I usually bring a notebook with material listed in it, along with my cell phone, in case I get a call.

For my TKD class, I have a locker at the school in which I keep my other stuff, like sparring gear and bag. So its kind of nice not having to hall all of that stuff back and forth, just my uniform.

I bring my sparring gear to every class, the weird thing about it is I bring my chest protector (its thin and light weight so it fits in my bag) even though we don't spar with chest protectors.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I'm with you DWX. When I was a student (as oppossed to now as a school owner) I had a ton of stuff in my bag. Most of what I had was due to something that I needed once, but was always afraid I'd need.

Usually I had 2 uniforms (just in case I ripped or needed a heavier uniform for a Hapkido or grappling-type class), I always had a spare belt, full sparring gear, 3 rubber knives, athletic tape, MA shoes, & misc. things like that "just in case."

Yup, I've always had the biggest, heaviest bag in the locker room.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

The single most important piece of gear in my bag is my Shock Dr. flex cup.I have actually showwn up for class and been laying my gear relized don't have it and drove back home for it. The wierdest has to be the lotion, and I have no idea why it's in my bag.

Besides my dobok and sparring gear I have a towel in my bag to wipe me down after a sweaty class. There's nothing worse than trying to put clothes onto a sweaty body.

Always have a towel. Means I can have a shower after too.

Found the wierdest thing in my bag on Monday... for some reason I have a rubber band ball.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

For gear I have my gi, gloves, cup, and requirements book. Also drag my laptop along since I come to class right after work.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1