• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would check to school out and see what it has to offer, if you enjoy the training and it helps you reach your goals for the martial arts. Then go for it. If you don't like the school find another one that suits you better.

Biggest thing I see in regards to BJJ vs. Jiu-Jitsu or other Traditional grappling styles, is the training methods, and specifically the resistance training. When you get some one who is resisting what your doing and trying stuff back on you, it answers alot of questions on what moves are high percentage for you and what aren't.

• 5 weeks later...
I mentioned this in another thread, but I wanted to stick it under the noses of you grapplers! I have never grappled before (besides sumo, but I don't think that counts!) but I am looking for a club near me to train at and I'm not exactly spoiled for choice! Would you guys have a look at THIS LINK for me and tell me what you think (its very brief!)?

I have never heard of freestyle jujitsu, only BJJ and JJJ. Which is this likely to be, and what are the gradings it refers to? I know there's not a great deal of information on that link, but from your experience I was hoping you might be able to guess better than me. Also, from the description of the style does it sound like I am going to get my head kicked in(it is in Darlington after all...)?! I am all for sparring and training full on but being from a TMA background the idea of being "grounded and pounded" does not appeal!

Finally I have bad knees (along with 90% of the people on KF by the looks of it!), is this an issue for grappling?

There is only a few Martial arts sites that will give you good information about there school. This one is very plain , you should go into the school and find out for your self. As for your knee problem, when i started i had bad knee's aswell but it soon goes away as your knee's become stronger, but they might not either it is just one of thoses things that you need to find out for your self.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.