• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you think?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Erm... I am lost for words really!!!

I feel as though I’ve just been robbed of the last 3 minutes of my life by looking at that.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

I must admit. I'm really disappointed as well. If you sort through the technique videos and found some....unique ideas. For example: they block baseball bats with their hands.

Another claim is that over 80% of their content is not found in any other martial art. However, I can see similarities to several others.

The school is only about an hour away. The instructor claims he can't be hit. I'm honestly considering calling him up to offer a challenge match. The videos of him defending punches are supposed to be spontaneous. However, there are clearly times when they just stop trying and he applies his technique.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

There was a nice "write-up" about Commander Coal that I ran across a while ago on another site. His challenge (which he offered money if he could be hit) was taken up on and ducked by Coal a couple of times. His military experience and credibility has also been called into question.

Edit--just went hunting for the article and realized I was a tad off. What I remembered was a thread from 2005 on another website in which Commander Coal himself popped in and then danced about the issues. Also his challenge wasn't actually ducked from what I saw skimming back through the forum, rather it had the stipulation that only his students could take him up on the $50,000 challenge.

Edited by username8517

the page is also very poorly made

if i just saw the link i would think they are having a laugh.

Now you use head for something other than target.

Hmm, I am always doubtful when I see claims of this type.

I didn't look through the whole site, but I may with time.

As for the challenge match, I don't think I would offer one. What do you have to gain by it? Not much, I would offer. Unless you win and gain all of his students, which would be a bonus. ;)

Hmm, I am always doubtful when I see claims of this type.

I didn't look through the whole site, but I may with time.

As for the challenge match, I don't think I would offer one. What do you have to gain by it? Not much, I would offer. Unless you win and gain all of his students, which would be a bonus. ;)

I was being a little sarcastic about the challenge. Several of his videos have him claiming he can't be hit.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Has anyone else noticed self defence schools are developing their own version of "business speak"- phrases that sound dynamic and exciting but are used by absolutely everyone and could mean anything- "advanced training system" for example.

I think some of the ideas look pretty good- I don't know what the execution is like because I can't access any of the vids for some reason, but the stuff about facing the fear of being punched in the head etc. sounds like something that is missing from a lot of MA schools. On the other hand the photos of him teaching people to disarm gunmen look a bit irresponsible, and naming your "art" after a cheesy horror film is not the way to get credibility.

I like the T shirts though.