• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cross training and gi's.

i don't think you necesarily need a new uniform, especially if its not starkly different, but i do think its disrespectful to wear your patches there, usually schools don't appreciate that. most of the time i don't even wear my ceremonial belt to places , i just wear a plain bb with no stripes so, i just try not to step on anyones toes and impose 'my way' of doing things. so i'd say yea, knix the patches, but the gi shouldnt be a problem!

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree with most of the others here, in that you should get a Jujutsu gi. Not just because of the badges really (although it’s probably ok to start with, but if you get serious and want to continue, it’s a bit disrespectful).

Plus the thicker lapel doesn't put you at the rick of colasped veins and arteries from chokes.

This is very true, also the sleeves of a jujutsu gi get a lot of punishment and karate suit sleeves would probably tear off before too long.

Probably the first thing that would go though would be the ties at the side. Judo/Jujutsu Gis don’t tend to have these, for exactly that reason.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com