• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you do if...

this may not make too much sense, as its hard to describe...

i'd place the thumb of my right hand on the back of the attacker's hand, place my other four digits under the wrist, and you peel away clockwise, and roll with the attacker and hold for a wrist lock...and now you have the choice, fight, flight, or call and let someone else handle it :D

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's important to keep in mind that if you're lying on your back, you're not going to have the same kind of power as you do on your feet. you don't have the kinetic energy that comes from pushing and pivoting off the ground; that's why you learn all of that foot work in the first place.

...this, along with the fact that you don't have the advantage of any leverage to use in the strikes, either.

• 4 weeks later...

I would bite, knee kick to groin, try to poke their eyes out, clap my hands really hard over their ears to burst their ear drums....if I was in a life or death situation like what you describe, this is probably what I would do (as a non-grappler).

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well i would first try to break their arm on my neck if they wernt to solid and if not i would try to get my feet in between him and kick off

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

well i would first try to break their arm on my neck if they wernt to solid and if not i would try to get my feet in between him and kick off
Can you elaborate further on the technique in which you break his arm on your neck? I can't really visualize how one would do this...but this could be due to my lack of creativity, too.

I would bite, knee kick to groin, try to poke their eyes out, clap my hands really hard over their ears to burst their ear drums....if I was in a life or death situation like what you describe, this is probably what I would do (as a non-grappler).

But first I would grap his thumb twist and pull and get his hand off my neck than diddo the above.

If someone has you in mount, you aren't going to really be able to knee them in the groin, nor is clapping going to do much (the amount of noise you would be able to generate wouldn't create sonic waves strong enough to bust someone's ear).

Against someone in a grappling style with submissions (Sambo, Judo, Jujitsu, etc) putting your hands up for the eyes with them in mount would likely to get you arm barred, however I am assuming that this is looking at it from the point of view that the attacker isn't an expert.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I think a grab to the groin or simply grabbing an ear would pull him off you rather quicky. What was it, 8 lbs pressure to remove one? Pulling out a large chunk of scalp, an eye gouge or throat strike might not be a bad move if you can get it. We are trying to seriously hurt them, this is real life right?

• 1 month later...

Is this a self-defense situation or sparring? If it's self-defense, I'd say knife hand block with your left hand, grab his punching arm to control it, then Immortal Man or spearhand strike into his throat with your right hand, or chicken wrist up to strike his chin and then tiger rake down his face. A leopard's paw into his throat would work as well.

I haven't done a lot of grappling, but in a sparring situation, I might try a knife hand block and grab as before, then pull his right arm toward you as you palm strike his left shoulder with your right hand. This push-pull movement plus your own momentum might be able to push him onto his back so you'd bascially change places.

But as I said, I'm not much of a grappler.