• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you do if...

Honestly, I would probably just scream, cry, and then when the get up in total disgust and walk away at my pathetic display. I kick them in the back, and run away. That will show them!
:lol:

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad you enjoyed my humor :)

Honestly for that situation or any on the ground I think of the quote that I think JJ Machado or one of the Machado's used.

"The ground is my ocean, and I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim."

That quote fits perfectly in those situations if people don't train for that sort of stuff.

cover my face with both forearms, use my elbows to find his groin, in case that doesnt work, I would proceed to strike the neck or eyes.

if he defends by getting closer to my torso or face, i start biting...

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

I am glad you enjoyed my humor :)

Honestly for that situation or any on the ground I think of the quote that I think JJ Machado or one of the Machado's used.

"The ground is my ocean, and I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim."

That quote fits perfectly in those situations if people don't train for that sort of stuff.

Agreed.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

considering each situation is different, i would chop the inside of the elbow of the arm on my throat, wrap both arms around the OP and bite his/her chest until they pull away then escape

Close the gap and destroy!

Maybe I have the scenerio mixed up, but if he is choking me with the left, and ready to strike with the right, I am going to try and deflect the strike with my left arm, causing my opponents balance to come down towards me giving me an opportunity to reach up with my left for the top of his head (hopefully hair) and cup his chin with my right hand. Then I am going to twist his head counter clockwise hard and fast. He will come off because he is injured or for the fear of getting his neck broken.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

Ok,

This one's for non-grapplers. I already know your answers. I'm curious to see how the non-grappler would react in the following situation:

Somehow someone tackled you and is now mounted on top of you. Their hand is at your throat and they are about to punch you. What do you feel you would do?

Clearly you're in a bad sitiuation. Try to avoid the cliche' answers like, "I wouldn't get there" or "I'd knee him as he takes me down." You're there...what do you like to do to defend yourself?

As a disclaimer, I don't want this to turn into any kind of flame either. If you don't agree with how someone handles the situation, please say so respectfully.

Im happy you wrote this question because this is were my art is dominate against others , i know bits and pieces from hundreds of different martial arts which gives me a huge advantage in that situation, im not saying i know everything because im still very much in the learning circle of all aspects of martial arts but i know enough to get out of that situation with out a sweat.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Do you guys know what an oil check is? If not, I will NOT elaborate. If so, you know that it works. :lol:

Hehe, an old Wrestling move...I am aware of it. A bit on the desperation side, I would say, but effective. My youngest brother used to great effect a few times.

i'm glad we're talking about this, just from the people who posted "i'd strike to the ribs and the solar plexus". it's important to keep in mind that if you're lying on your back, you're not going to have the same kind of power as you do on your feet. you don't have the kinetic energy that comes from pushing and pivoting off the ground; that's why you learn all of that foot work in the first place.

if you don't know any grappling skills or small joint manipulation, and it's a life/death situation, your best bet is to "play dirty", something i imagine is especially handy against someone who's trained to grapple and doesn't have to worry about things like biting and eye gouging. i would say those are your best bets.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai