• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you do if...

This might or might not be a good answer..but I'm not all that well studied yet ^.^;

I would most likel;y reach up and grab the readying fist with the closest hand and then very quickly punch him with the other fist., as i am able to use both effectively :P Hopefully the punch would be good enough to tip him enough to be off balance and then go from there *shrugs* and with my punches..the tilting thing isn't totally unconceivable XD

So, there we go. There's my answer. Good or not..XD you only asked for what I would do..if I was like myself at this moment. Annd I've had a year of wrestling, learning the basics..but I hardly ever use any of the simple tricks that I learned :P

Edited by Athena

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think that grabbing his finger etc would take too long and he would have hit you by the time you manage to do this. I think I actually would just hit him first and then use pressure points eye gouges etc even may pull their hair or ears im pretty sure someone would get off you if your pulling some delicate part of their head.

The reason I mentioned bending and breaking a finger, was that I assumed that his face was out of reach. As I am sure an experienced grappler would try to keep it that way.

I personally feel that my strikes, (as I mainly train in striking) would be more effective than grappling.

If he had one hand about my throat, my theoretical reaction would be to grab the arm around my throat (lets pretend it is the attackers left hand, in this situation), with both my own hands, then swing my right leg up over his head, (hopefully) pulling the attacker down and allowing me to adjust my body beside them to finish with what I believe is called a cross arm hold or juji gatame.

I think you have your positions mixed up. An armbar (juji gatame) can be set up from many positions, but underneath mount is not one of them. You need to gain a better position first to be able to apply it (such as full guard, top mount, or back mount.)

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

Well i would first off try to break the arm holding my throat... I could probably take the one punch, but no more than one, then i would mount him and start pounding his nose

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

• 4 weeks later...

Assuming the left hand is the one on my neck for this. My right hand goes to the choking hand and turn slightly to my left. That puts my right arm up in line as a shield for that in coming punch. Then turn back toward the right shoulder, maintaining my grip on the choking hand, and strike at or just above the elbow with my left forarm. Then it's push off with the left left and keep turning.

Failing that, there are other options, even without grappling experience.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

I'm responding without reading first...

Rather than let them keep superior leverage over me, I'd pull them down on top of me and keep my face and chest tucked into them. Then, once I had them against me, I could roll over, punch them, and stomp on their ankle when I got up. I might be a girl, but I'm no lightweight, and I guarantee that would hurt.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu