• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Were's Me Belt?!

hehe my instructor ALWAYS forgets the belts for a couple of months... just some people are forgetful... or have been training so long that a few too many punches to the head may have caused sporadic amnesia. :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
...just some people are forgetful... or have been training so long that a few too many punches to the head may have caused sporadic amnesia. :)

...hehe, or maybe more like sporadic remembering? :P :lol: :wink:

Our instructor usually orders in a belt per student who is grading.

This is what my instructor usually does, after checking any belts that he has on hand. We have our critique sessions and promotions at the next class session after the test.

Ed

Ed

• 2 months later...

Our dojo sells belts, and is usually well stocked, but we are free to buy them at MA stores ourselves if we prefer. The same thing goes for gis and other equipment.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I can't imagine not having a belt to give to a person who earned it. My instructor orders the belts as soon as he knows who will test. If they don't pass, they will eventually and their belt will already have been ordered and on hand. I think in our dojo, most adult students would not care if they had a belt at all, but if a child practiced, tested, passed and did not get a new belt for a long time, I think we would lose them as a student. Parents are serious about that sort of thing.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.