• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i guess ive been born with a natural ability to ground grapple, i can control my neighbor pretty well and hes a purple belt, i cant afford to start training tho, is there anything i can do at home to get better?

"Theres no point, you kicked him in the butthole." comment made during a sparring match.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you have a friend that you are grappling with that is ranked in BJJ or has some Wrestling experience, then I would just train with them. Look around on books and websites for some moves to practice, and work to employ them. That is what I would do.

Here is a website I was recently introduced to that may help: http://submissions101.com/

If you have a friend that you are grappling with that is ranked in BJJ or has some Wrestling experience, then I would just train with them.

This is the best way to get better. Training with him will take that natural ability and refine it. Remember, just because you can handle somebody doesn't mean they can't teach you or that you can't learn from them. You have a wealth of information in the purple belt next door.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

i guess ive been born with a natural ability to ground grapple, i can control my neighbor pretty well and hes a purple belt, i cant afford to start training tho, is there anything i can do at home to get better?

You are already doing it. As the others have said, practicing with your neighbor is one of the best things you can do other than taking a class. What style does your neighbor do? Is it a grappling art? What you two can get from each other depends a lot on how similar your styles are.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

Here is a website I was recently introduced to that may help: http://submissions101.com/

I was also amazed at all the resources on Wikipedia. I looked up the name of the hold or submission, and there'd be links to videos, links to associated moves with videos for them...

It helped a lot for me in my attempts to get a little more proficient in ground grappling. Then I tried it out in class when we did a little rolling once in a while.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

can control my neighbor pretty well and hes a purple belt, i cant afford to start training tho, is there anything i can do at home to get better?

You can ´´control ´´ a BJJ purple belt with no previus training ? It soundS VERY weird. A purple belt in BJJ means 4 years of training or more.

1) Is the guya REAL BJJ purple belt ?

2)Does he weight 100 lbs and you 200 lbs ?

3)Is that guy injured?

4) If all above were negative...You are a prodigy , indeed.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

can control my neighbor pretty well and hes a purple belt, i cant afford to start training tho, is there anything i can do at home to get better?

You can ´´control ´´ a BJJ purple belt with no previus training ? It soundS VERY weird. A purple belt in BJJ means 4 years of training or more.

1) Is the guya REAL BJJ purple belt ?

2)Does he weight 100 lbs and you 200 lbs ?

3)Is that guy injured?

4) If all above were negative...You are a prodigy , indeed.

It could also simply be that the purple belt is letting him work.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

It could also simply be that the purple belt is letting him work.

Yes ! That sounds good . I dont know what does ´´control ´´ mean.

Are you talking about acquiring a dominant position ?

Do you mean that you are submiting the purple belt ?

Is very dificult ( near impossible) for any non grappler to stay in a dominant position against a purple belt , unless the begginer were 2x heavier and stronger.

When I grapple against purple belts ( luta livre has a very similar grading.....a purple belt is almost the same ) , some days they let me work - and I ´´ control ´´ them and take them down - but just because they are figthing soft. When they do their best...I cant control them , I just survive till I get submited.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´