• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Forgot to introduce myself!

bigscottius

DI AA

Oh, ok. Cool. I enjoy the sports programs at the smaller schools. My brother played football at an NAIA school, and I am a season ticket holder at the DII school here in my home town. I have an appreciation for these programs, and I think they provide great entertainment.

Which NAIA school? My cousin coach at Western Montana, a NAIA school. I was recruited by a bunch of them up in that area. D2, NAIA, and D1AA are more competitive than people think. We are big enough to give scholarships, so we get everyone that just missed D1 programs- which can be some amazing talents, especially after developing. That is cool to hear that you support the small school football programs.

Anyway, on another subject, I went to the Shaolin Kempo school tonight. I was not impressed. First of all, he had like 3 kids that looked about 10 or younger with black belts. I then saw adults sparring at the end, and they were brown and black belts. They looked like they were just flailing and I'm pretty sure not 1 through any kick but a front snap kick. no strategy or quickness. His whole story made me somewhat uncomfortable - all in all i would have to say it seems a little fishy. I will choose to go somewhere else and be safe. I mean, it could be a great place, but I just didn't get the best impression.

NEXT UP - SHOTOKON CLASS this friday

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
DI AA

Oh, ok. Cool. I enjoy the sports programs at the smaller schools. My brother played football at an NAIA school, and I am a season ticket holder at the DII school here in my home town. I have an appreciation for these programs, and I think they provide great entertainment.

Which NAIA school? My cousin coach at Western Montana, a NAIA school. I was recruited by a bunch of them up in that area. D2, NAIA, and D1AA are more competitive than people think. We are big enough to give scholarships, so we get everyone that just missed D1 programs- which can be some amazing talents, especially after developing. That is cool to hear that you support the small school football programs.

He attended a very small, private school in the Kansas Christian Athletic Conference, Kansas Wesleyan University out of Salina, KS. He was a starter his senior year, and was a 245 lb. center. They won their conference his senior year, and they went to the NAIA playoffs, but lost in the first round to Evangel University over by St. Joseph, Missouri. They had a pretty decent team, but they couldn't really compete with Evangel, because the way that the KCAC conference is set up doesn't give a lot of support or scholarships for athletes. It is very much extracurricular for them. They had funds where they could get full coverage for some good position players, but most of the players only got partial scholarships. Even though, there were some great memories from watching him play there, and it was a good time. He truly enjoyed it.

I hope that your Shotokan classes go well for you. Hopefully soon, you will be posting about your training experiences! :karate: