• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Trying to decide between two martial arts in my area...

Oh yeah, another thing, he isn't afraid to hit me, or have me hit him. Not like knock out hard, but putting force behind it. That surprises me and makes me extremely happy. I need physical training. It is my style with like football and wrestling and boxing. I think he sees me as a big football player that doesn't mind playing rough sometimes... and i don't mind:)

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Okay, i've looked into joining a Martial Arts for a while. I wrestled since I was 6 years old (we had to start at 8, but my father was the coach!). Anyway, I played college football the last 4 years, and I am now done. Somethings I have done: I wrestled, played football, and boxed for 3 years (in the spring and summer when I was doing the other two). Now the two i've seen are Shaolin Kempo and Hapkindo. I was wondering what your objective take on these two arts. If I go to the Shaolin Kempo class, i can also attend the Ju Jitsu class they teach there (which is a plus since being on the mat is more comfertable than walking heh). I could do Shaolin Kempo and Ju Jitsu, or Hapkindo. Also, there is a chinese teacher in my area that does Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and Swai Chio (not completely sure what this is) that i could take. Someone please help me out by outlining pros and cons and what they intail. I've looked into eacha little, but Shaolin Kempo leaves me a bit confused. Thanks for any response.

I think the best opition for you right now is to go for the ju jitsu , im higly ranked and think this would be a great art for you because you are use to bein on the ground. But after you are comfortable with the art of ju jitsu , then you should try the hapkindo because it is always gud to know more than one art.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.