• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Championships in Connecticut

Does anyone know of any WTF championships in the next couple months in CT. I want to start competing in my style regularly, and am having a hard time finding a directory for local tournaments. Open style championships are good too if you know of any, but I would prefer TKD.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had a very difficult time finding competitions while I was living in CT. All I ever saw were the ones over closer to New York and Boston.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I am not sure what the National Governing Body is for WTF TKD in the U.S. is anymore, but if you get on their website, they should offer a schedule of area tournaments. Some schools will offer tournaments that aren't affiliated with the WTF, but may use the WTF rules system, so you kind of have to look between the lines for those. Also, look into AAU competitions possibly, as they offer Olympic style sparring and point sparring.

I always check the WTF website, but they post the really big tournaments, and they don't seem to post the smaller ones (regional, locals). I'll look into Olympic sparring in the AAU circuits and see what's in my area. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

You can also check out this website and search for tournaments by date and by state. Also, you can set up your own search (by states) and it will give you email alerts when any new tournaments are listed.

http://www.karatetournaments.com/

I found this to be very helpful. Hope it helps.

dano