• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Si Pal ki ( one of the many ways to spell it)

I think its more like it was said earlier that, every asian martial art comes from kung fu...i was surprised recently to learn that muay thai did too..i didn't know...i guess u learn something new every day...i wonder what other martial art out there came from kung fu that we just don't know or realize...

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

every asian martial art comes from kung fu...i was surprised recently to learn that muay thai did too

And kung fu has roots in India :) ..but kung fu is not hindu martial arts , and muay thai is not jung fu... judo is not jujitsu and bjj is not judo...

USA comes from the UK , but today is not the same thing . Isolation may change the core and the basics of anything.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

every asian martial art comes from kung fu...i was surprised recently to learn that muay thai did too

And kung fu has roots in India :) ..but kung fu is not hindu martial arts , and muay thai is not jung fu... judo is not jujitsu and bjj is not judo...

USA comes from the UK , but today is not the same thing . Isolation may change the core and the basics of anything.

There are arguements that Kalarpayatu is the "Mother of the Martial Arts," but there are also arguements to refute this claim, as well. Its hard to say if they came from India or not.

I doubt that Muay Thai came from Kung Fu, though. Muay Thai is the sport version of the Muay Thai that came out of Krabi Krabong, the weapons fighting system of ancient Thailand.

Actually muay thai did come from Kung Fu because the traditional versions of muay thai muay boran, khmer, and other styles of the region are loosly based off of animal styles of kung fu.

Now I didn't say that meant it is kung fu just like kung fu isn't kalarypayatu because they have all evolved and made themselves distinguished of each other.

Now Kalarypayatu was a martial art originally from India and the way the story goes about kung fu and as much as we know is that a monk from India came over to china. He saw that most of the monks couldn't take the long lengths of time in prayer so he taught them some stuff to condition themselves. They then took it from there and eventually made it unique and evolved it better. A good place to look at a sample of connection between muay thai and kung fu is the show Human Weapon, but it just has a small dose of the history, i believe it is episode 1.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

From what I can see on Wiki, Thai fighting methods are not directly descendant from Chinese systems. The cultures may have had some contact and made exchanges, but to say that Kung Fu is the root of Muay Thai I don't believe is accurate.