• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like K-1, but i havnt seen PRIDE

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

i don't really like K-1 that much, becasue there is no grappling i don't think the fights are realistic enough

becasue there is no grappling i don't think the fights are realistic enough

It gives an arena for people to test standup fighting skills...I also prefer MMA/NHB..but im suprised to hear this from TKD stlyist..TKD is notorious for teaching little or no grappling...and few admit that it is not realistic.

K-1 is a fun sport to follow (sorry, but too much grappling makes me sleepy). In the US I’m beginning to think they try to find the slowest and most inactive K-1 fights of the year, then air them on ESPN 2. Hey does anyone out there follow the middleweight K-1 tournament? I find those fights the neatest but they don’t seem to get as much attention as the heavy guys do.

Hmm, I prefer watching the HW guys. They have so much more power at their disposal, and I can relate to them better since I'm around that size.

Also the next PRIDE card is stacked as hell and recommend everyone to watch it.