• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think that they were just simple outside and inside forearm blocks. I haven't seen it in years, so I don't remember for certain, but I think those are them.

• 3 weeks later...

He did use the classic forearm blocks. But there were a couple others. The "wax on, wax off" movements are called "knife hand blocks" (shuto uke) in many styles including mine. The "paint a fence" movements are called "chicken blocks" in my style, although I never really knew why. That name does not seem as universal though. There may be another name for it in other styles.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

The "paint a fence" movements are called "chicken blocks" in my style, although I never really knew why. That name does not seem as universal though. There may be another name for it in other styles.

I think "chicken beak" after the formation of the hand. In some styles, the fingers will all come together as a point, and the action used is like the "pecking" motion of a chicken. I guess, anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

We had a "Chicken wrist" technique. I always thought it was after the way a chickens foot looks when they lift it. I vaguely remember a chickens foot having the same sort of look as your wrist when you put your fingers together and point them downward.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

We had a "Chicken wrist" technique. I always thought it was after the way a chickens foot looks when they lift it. I vaguely remember a chickens foot having the same sort of look as your wrist when you put your fingers together and point them downward.

I always thought that this was more of a chicken beak strike.

Chicken beak was a downward motion with the fingers. Chicken wrist was an upward motion with the wrist.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

Chicken beak was a downward motion with the fingers. Chicken wrist was an upward motion with the wrist.

Ah, ok. I get ya now. We call the upward motion an ox-jaw strike.