• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gi fashion show?

Hey at least the flashy guys give us something to scratch our heads at while we stare at the pretty colors.

lol clash, if they all stand in tight formation, the sheer vastnessess of their prism can overload the sensory cortex of the brain.

i heard it works on lions as well ??

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey at least the flashy guys give us something to scratch our heads at while we stare at the pretty colors.

lol clash, if they all stand in tight formation, the sheer vastnessess of their prism can overload the sensory cortex of the brain.

i heard it works on lions as well ??

Yeah, but not if you are colorblind. :wink:

aaahhhhhhhh colorblind. you are very wise bushido (somehow the whole turn of events in this thread remind me of koans during zazen).

well then lets make haste in our martial preparedness.... and let us stare at the sun until we've acheived ultimate colorblindness.

btw, i heard in some dojos, you get a patch sewn on your gi for achieveing true-colorblindedness.

btw, i heard in some dojos, you get a patch sewn on your gi for achieveing true-colorblindedness.

i just died laughing, and now my fellow martial artist towards the sun we look...

I do have to admit some colored gi's do look cool, but not for any spiritual martial arts sense, I probably wouldn't wear on during actual training except for like a blue during judo sparing/competitions and what have you... (no if i only did judo ;)). However, I would wear a red one if i was you know.. dressing as Ken Masters for Halloween.. :-D

I should have clarified my original statement. I've seen plenty of people in fancy uniforms who are good technicians, more concerned with looking good and executing fancy technique. And yes, more commercial.

In my experience, the fancier the uniform the worse the basics, manners, etiquette, and philosophy.

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

Hello, World of martial art uniforms? is there any VANITY left?

Professors's,Master's,10th degrees.....their belts? Many looks like a military General uniforms.

Muliple colors are endless....each trying to be more different. At tournaments it looks like a circus acts. Even the forms look like circus acts too!

Still old school here..plain whites for Judo and all black for Kempo.

Not sure color blind? ...but for sure Not ordor less!

To differ is OK....that is what Americans are made of......Aloha

Ironically, there was a column on the website TKDTutor.com talking about just such a thing-ever fancier uniforms and uniforms looking like a general's uniform worn by those with no military experience.

Reminds me of the scene from the "Great Dictator" where Charlie Chaplin and the other guy are trying to outdo each with barber chairs. Who has the fanciest uniform?

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

i just died laughing, and now my fellow martial artist towards the sun we look...

I do have to admit some colored gi's do look cool, but not for any spiritual martial arts sense, I probably wouldn't wear on during actual training except for like a blue during judo sparing/competitions and what have you... (no if i only did judo ;)). However, I would wear a red one if i was you know.. dressing as Ken Masters for Halloween.. :-D

:lol: :lol: Good stuff!

Haha but who would Dress as Ken, when you could wear a White one and be Ryu?

Honestly?!!?

Actually, I prefered Ken to Ryu. However, If I were to dress up as Ken, I would have to bleach my hair, and grow it out!