• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dodgeball Variations

Just wanted to get some ideas on variations of dodgeball.

I try to make a new game a few times a month for the kids class I teach. I need a few ideas for variations of dodgeball.

Also, feel free to describe other games that kids might enjoy.

Thanks! :)

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The only variation of dodgeball we have ever played is the kids line up along the wall, when you say go you throw a nurf ball at them (harder or softer depending on rank, age, & size). If you hit them they have to sit against the wall behind you.

As far as games that kids enjoy, dive rolls was always the favorite. We have a large blue mat (about 1-2 feet thick) and we stack up kicking sheilds in front of it. The kids run and dive roll, and we slowly increase the number of shields (usually start with 3) till they are all out. You get out by knocking over a shield, if you knock it over, you get a second try at that many, then if you knock it over again, your out.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

When I do dodge ball the kids have to perform a task when they are out (usually it is their form or a kicking combination) and then they can return. If I get all the kids out before anyone returns they all owe me push ups or some other task. The kids love it and they get practice out of it too!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Play normal dodge ball but they are allowed to use a proper block to deflect. They could als hit it with a punch, kick or strike and remain in.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some tips:

"If you're going to become true dodgeballers, then you've got to learn the five d's of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!" Also don't forget, "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

LOL....I'm sorry, but that movie came to mind when I seen this thread.

I have a good one too. I put up a barrier in the middle of the floor.....Tape or cones are just fine. and you put the teams on either side of the tape. The object is to get all the balls of your side onto the other side. so the team with no balls, wins! It's a good way to stop ball hogging and get's them to work out like crazy... although no one gets 'OUT" So I use it when I have small kids that might feel bad when they get out, even if they only do 10 kicks to get back in, they still need a team building event. You have to stop the game and take a ball or two from each side till your down to about1 or 2 balls on each side. Then it's easy to tell who the winner is. I also punish the team that throws a ball after I say "stop" (don't take a ball from that side or take more from the other side, remember the idea is to get rid of your sides balls. I also do this with pool noodles cut in half, and call it NOODLE WAR The kids love it.

place clever martial arts phrase here