• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Run or fight

yesterday i was working out at the gym for about 1:30, and i decided to leeve and walk down around to the other side of that shopping complex to go to my mom cuz i got sick of waitin for her. About mid-way i realize ' I am super tired and if there are alot of bushes and dark spaces around here ( it was night time) and there arent any people around, sum1 could easily jump out and attack me if im not careful. So i naturally kept my guard up. Luckly for me nothing happended, but it got me wondering.

what if i had seen sum1 comming up or a group of kids start cumming in my direction. "do i run or do i fight"

if i run i might make it away :up: but if im not fast enough than they will catch me and plus i will be tired :down: . if i stand in fight than theres an chance i will win the fight:up: or they might beat me like i stole sumthing.:down:

not to mention im still tired from the gym. what would be the ideal thing to do in this situation.

The best thing to do is . if they challenge you to a fight , i say take it if you win congrats , if you dont then there is training for you and life experience to look back on. But you should always use the 3 rules of martial arts first.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you should always use the 3 rules of martial arts first.

What are they?

They are talk, retreat , fight.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

actually, i would say the first rule of any martial art is to think it through.

you're tired. you're cutting through dark alleys with lots of bushes at night. you were in a well lit, public gymnasium, waiting for your mom who was coming to pick you up. if you're that worried about it, why not just wait it out?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

actually, i would say the first rule of any martial art is to think it through.

you're tired. you're cutting through dark alleys with lots of bushes at night. you were in a well lit, public gymnasium, waiting for your mom who was coming to pick you up. if you're that worried about it, why not just wait it out?

thats the same thing as "talk" , talk your way and think your way out of the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

You are fighting on "their" battlefield. dont do it. figure out where they live, find them alone and now they are fighting on "your" battlefield which will bring fear in them. remember the 5 weaknesses- "flags" all humans will have. Fear, Lust, Anger, Greed, and Sympathy. F.L.A.G.S, we call them the 5 warning flags. to watch out for ourselves and our enemy.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

I'd say that running off is always the best idea if it's going to work, but for me- I'm not in great shape and I have a knee that sometimes decides to stop working- I'd probably run for like 2 blocks, and if they still think that coming after me for my wallet or whatever is worth it, then I will probably stop and fight if it is just one. If it is more that one, then I'll make my plan based on getting to a populated area.

Again, the only reason that I would stop to fight is if I think that I can't get away.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu