• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New BOB Dummy

cross

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Our school had one at one time, but a my buddy that I do the CQC with bought it. It wasn't of that design, however. It was the bigger, full upperbody design.

I like them, and think they offer a realistic target, as long as you are working the upper body (aside from the lack of arms...). It is great for targeting the brachials, eyes, nose, etc. However, when I want a good endurance workout, I prefer to use a regular Wavemaster bag.

I have used one before, similar to the one bushido described. I liked the ability to work on targeting specific areas. One problem was where the torso ended it creates a rather hard edge and I have seen people accidentally kick that edge. It can be a painful way to learn how to improve one's aim. Your BOB doesn't seem to have such a severe edge, though.

Ed

Ed

One problem was where the torso ended it creates a rather hard edge and I have seen people accidentally kick that edge. It can be a painful way to learn how to improve one's aim. Your BOB doesn't seem to have such a severe edge, though.

Ed

The edge on mine isnt 2 bad. Its not really a problem anyway, i use the heavy bag for working kicks and conventional strikes. The BOB is for clinching/grappling range work.

• 3 months later...

The BOB is a great product. I like it, again for improving target accuracy. It also helps you learn to kick to the head because you have to get past the broad shoulders. Also I find it is a much harder target that will condition your hands more so than a regular wave master.

The BOB is a great product. I like it, again for improving target accuracy. It also helps you learn to kick to the head because you have to get past the broad shoulders. Also I find it is a much harder target that will condition your hands more so than a regular wave master.
Kicking the head of BOB is a different experience than the regular bag. I especially like to focus instep round kicks to the neck of BOB. Some of my classmates think I am disturbed...;)

• 6 months later...

i love bob. i also like the wave master. both are very good training devices

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” ~ Bruce Lee

cross, I think you'll find that you really like him for exactly what you describe. I'd never replace my heavy bad with one, but for close in striking, folding strikes and such it excels.

• 2 months later...
i love bob. i also like the wave master. both are very good training devices

I use the new BOB (costing far less than the original) and the Powerline version of the WaveMaster, as it has more padding.

I tend to use BOB for hand strikes, especially practicing boxing punches that aren't emphasized in the dojang, and use the WaveMaster for kicks. You don't have to hit them full blast to find them useful; moderate is fine. If you go full power, they'll tip back too much; I think full power is for the really heavy bag that's a suspended target.

My children first practiced their strikes against the WaveMaster; when I got BOB, they weren't put off by his lack of good looks, as there's one in the dojang that they practice with. At home, even though they sometimes give him a good thrashing, he's their buddy. It's visitors who get taken aback by him.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I'm very familiar with using BOB. My opinion on it? It's okay; it's good for target practice when you don't have a live partner, but a live partner is always the best.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert