• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Too old?

I think you have a number advantages starting at the age you are.

You have the maturity of mind to take on board what the instructors teach you, you have no pressure to do the things that a younger person might want, or be expected to do.

Your approach to learning will de different as well as you have had 30 years of learning skills under your belt.

I am 40 and have recently started training in another discipline (still training in Wado though). I am very much the new boy and the oldest in the class, but I love it, as I have nothing to prove and I can just learn.

Go for it.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started at the age of 67 [because my grandson wanted to try Karate,but woudnt go on his own].Too old at 30 +,I dont think so.I now train 3 nights per week....would like to make it 4 times,but my local Bushido dojo wont accept me because I train elsewhere.Also attend pilates and ashtanga yoga classes to help attain better flexibility.

ANTHONY RICKETTS

I started at the age of 67 [because my grandson wanted to try Karate,but woudnt go on his own].Too old at 30 +,I dont think so.I now train 3 nights per week....would like to make it 4 times,but my local Bushido dojo wont accept me because I train elsewhere.Also attend pilates and ashtanga yoga classes to help attain better flexibility.

Brilliant "SIDESNAPKICK" I wish I had a grandad like you. You Rock :karate:

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

• 4 weeks later...