• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Seasons.

TraditionalDan

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes.

Being in California, the weather is hardly wintery yet, but things are definitely starting to cool off. I find training is way more effective, and way more fun, when it's finally less than 100 degrees in the dojo.

:)

Why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL???

I don't think it really matters. If anything, when it gets colder outside, I find it is tougher to get good and warmed up. I almost prefer to be really warm when working out.

Yep...winter's coming. 80's here during the day, 30's at night. Go from shorts and a tank top to a heavy coat...all within about 8 hours...gotta love it!

:D

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

That's sort of how it is with me. Hard to get up the motivation too work out when the weather's 104, especially with a heavyweight gi.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There is really no winning with season in SoCal. Hot summer make it tough on you and winter is hard to get warmed up.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

In what us Brits "laughingly" refer to as our summer, I do find it hard to get to the Dojo as opposed to coming home from work and cracking open a cold can of beer.

In the winter though, seems like the right thing to do.

Thank goodness I don’t live in Southern California. Not only would I never train, but I would have to be “dried out” every few weeks.

:wink:

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

I had frost on my car windows yesterday morning. :cry:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

The only advantage that the summer provides me is that my injured hip is much more relaxed.

The winter on the other hand, makes me want to train to stay warm, and doesn't leave my gi sweatsoaked at the end of class

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

WOW that is seriously hot there is no way that i think you can properly concentrate in that heat after a long workout so i take it you would do your fine movements at the start?

I struggle when its 80 i find that way too hot i like it room temperature all the time

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.