• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Read any good books lately?

kkennedy219

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Karate has a lot of good, although general information on Karate.

Funakoshi's book is a good read as well. It tends to deal more with his philosophy towards Karate in general, though.

Those "Idiots" and "Dummies" books are a lot better than they lead on....on all topics. I've read the Karate one and it is very informative.

I agree this is an excellent book, although if you practice another style other than ShotoKan or Shotokai it is just another book for you library

I agree. I have several of the "Complete Idiot's Guide to (whatever MA)," and they have all been well written. Most of the information is general, but there is a lot of it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's the type of book I would like to write - "The Complete Guide to Karate for the Total Moron!"

Chapters:

* Board Breaking and Advil after 50

* I'm a Tough Guy, He was Tougher and the Hospital Bill was $150k

* I Saved a Man's Life - I'm Now In Heaven

* The Last Thing I Saw When Stopping a Moving Train with my Foot...

* Mizu No Koko Ro - Translated: Mind Like Water, but I Couldn't Swim

* Sparring With the Spouse - I Won, But I Was Cut Off for a Year

- Killer -

:lol: :lol: You can sign me up for an autographed copy, Killer! I am all in! :lol:

• 1 month later...

"shotokan Karate a precise history" , is a very interesting book. i recomend you read it.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.