kkennedy219

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Harry Cook book "shotokan Karate a precise history" gets a very good review. Could be what you are looking for.

https://www.dragon-tsunami.org/Dtimes/Pages/ShotokanJNE.htm

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

I found Karate-do My Way of Life by the one and only Gichin Funakoshi to be a interesting and fun read, I really felt I better understood him as a person and what drove him to do so much for Karate through this book.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Karate has a lot of good, although general information on Karate.

Funakoshi's book is a good read as well. It tends to deal more with his philosophy towards Karate in general, though.

• 2 weeks later...
I found Karate-do My Way of Life by the one and only Gichin Funakoshi to be a interesting and fun read, I really felt I better understood him as a person and what drove him to do so much for Karate through this book.

I'm currently reading this book for the second time. I love it. I'm just getting to the chapter "Chinese Hand to Empty Hand"

I'm currently reading this book for the second time. I love it. I'm just getting to the chapter "Chinese Hand to Empty Hand"

I'd like to read it again sometime

Mushashi's Book of Five Rings

TseSun's Art of War

Hakumane - Book of the Samurai

All good books and 'work' you mind

Osu

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• 3 weeks later...