• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NO to low kicks! Yes to high kicks!

do both.

1st kick the knee cap. once he falls, kick him in the head.

This is a good strategy, but it kind of circumvents the points in the original point of the post. In your case, the head kick isn't the same as a high kick.

Good strategy, though. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it has been tested now. I got in a stupid fight for actually pretty much nothing (I almost never fight), and I threw a high kick wich did good, then when his 15 friends came, I wish I did not get in the fight hahaha.

But it deffinetly was easy to get a a high kick, much easier than in sparring, because people dont know that you can kick them in the head.

Well, it has been tested now. I got in a stupid fight for actually pretty much nothing (I almost never fight), and I threw a high kick wich did good, then when his 15 friends came, I wish I did not get in the fight hahaha.

But it deffinetly was easy to get a a high kick, much easier than in sparring, because people dont know that you can kick them in the head.

When you say it did good, what did it actually do?

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

When you say it did good, what did it actually do?

It made him back off and not want to fight me any more. Pretty much enoughe :roll:

Well, that is good that it worked. How did you set it up?

I actually did not even set it up, he came flying at me with a crazy "push kick" and I knew that I had the longer reach with my legs, so I caught him alot better than he caught me.

It sounds like you picked a good spot, then. You did get him in the head with it?

• 2 months later...

in the 2 arts that i currently do, kicks are not used much in self defence techniques, and they 99% not used as the last move of the technique. maybe a kick to the stomach to bring the head forward for a nice elbow.

and in the IHCF i do, the kick is mainly used to take the attackers attention away from what they are doing.

Now you use head for something other than target.

Yeah, the ICHF kicks are mainly used for distractions. However, for the leg kicks I do, I think of deblitation rather than merely distraction.