• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What happens if you fell to the ground and your opponent climbed on top of you if you were fighting, EOTT? Or if your opponent was a judoka and he went for the throw immediately? Or if your opponent ewanted to clinch your side? There is little you can do from there without knowledge of how to bring them to the ground.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eye of the Tiger, you're saying grappling is a waste of time and you don't even know what BJJ is ? How informed you are to make such statements!

haha, I don't even know why I bothered dignifying it with a response.

If someone who's dedicated 20 years of there life to stand up skills starts training in BJJ and can say ground fighting is the ultimate, I know I'm doing the right thing by getting into MMA focusing on ground work.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

hmm Perhaps young tiger should come to a good Aikido dojo. And we will show you that your ignorance could lead you into serious trouble. The same goes for BJJ and JJ, plus other grappling styles. Why do you think they excist if they dont work.

Be Well

For a second there I was trying to remeber if I made that post.

As you can see I posted that when I started here with no idea of the martial arts so of course I was a bit ignorant, and yes of course grappling is important if you like that.

I prefer to spend my time training on aggresive fighting because that is my style of fighting so I'l do best fighting like that. And Kensai bring it on! You fight soft and I fight hard, it wont determin anything about the styles, some people prefer to be all rounded fighters and some are better at just sticking at one style of Martial Art there whole lives and be succesful. Its your choice.

Young Tiger, I have already defeated you. The bad martial artist fights to win, a good martial artists defeats doubts within himself and the battle is already won. Thats not to say you are a bad martial artist.

"As you can see I posted that when I started here with no idea of the martial arts so of course I was a bit ignorant, and yes of course grappling is important if you like that."

But you posted it that the same day you created it. So you are telling me that you learnt everything there is to know about martial arts in the space of about 10 hours. hmm I think not! So really it is only ignorance to grappling that you have.

"important if you like that" it is important wether YOU like it or not! You cant say to an Aikido or BJJ or JJ practioner, oh I dont like grappling can you please not use it, because then they'll just laugh at you, then take you to the mat!

Also, what I said prior was not an invitation for a fight. Just so show you how viable grappling techniques are wether they are hard like BJJ/Sambo or Soft like Aikido. I may not study kicks all that often in Aikido, and my personal preference is to keep both my feet on the ground in a real situation, this does not mean that I dont appreciate the power that they can create. It would be foolish for me not to.

Be Well

As you can see I posted that when I started here with no idea of the martial arts so of course I was a bit ignorant, and yes of course grappling is important if you like that.

You had no idea of the martial arts ? Why make such bold statements implying that you KNOW ?

On 2002-06-02 13:55, Eye of the Tiger wrote:

Grappling is a waste of time.

You seem pretty confident in that statement to me. People who have no idea generally don't go around stating things. I thought you normally asked questions when you didn't know things ?

I prefer to spend my time training on aggresive fighting because that is my style of fighting so I'l do best fighting like that.

I keep hear you saying you're aggressive, why is that ? Does that make you a superior martial artist to less aggressive martial artists ? You're saying you can't be aggressive in grappling arts ? I am naturally a very aggressive person and like to out power my opponents, even if it means I can't walk the next day. Aggresion isn't everything, along with aggression comes anger.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

[ This Message was edited by: Bon on 2002-07-17 12:07 ]

"I have no doubt in my abilities"

It's good you don't have doubts, but don't be too overconfident. :grin: And no.. karate is not the best... I don't think any art is.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.