• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"The Ultimate Martial Art?"

I've seen those sorts of displays as well. You have to shake your head at the arrogance of some people. So next time they have an event where they're doing a demo, see if you can get your dojo to do a demo before or after this other group. :D

That would be a great idea. With the set-up you described, it would probably be a good opportunity for you and your school. You would also show something else to the people watching, something that might make more sense to them.

Challenge them to a duel? :D

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've seen those sorts of displays as well. You have to shake your head at the arrogance of some people. So next time they have an event where they're doing a demo, see if you can get your dojo to do a demo before or after this other group. :D

That would be a great idea. With the set-up you described, it would probably be a good opportunity for you and your school. You would also show something else to the people watching, something that might make more sense to them.

Challenge them to a duel? :D

If he did that, he would have to join their organization first. :D

• 1 month later...
Like many of you, I am proud and confident of the system that I have chosen to devote my life to.

no offense but it sounds like your saying your style is better than his.

guys like this (the idiots you saw) are a dime a dozen, pointing out how dumb they are I think are notes you take to yourself and make sure you don't repeat their very human mistakes that we are all capable of in various forms. The rest I think is just how we take things, perhaps your taking it a bit too personal rather than a simple lesson to build better idiology for yourself.

I mean no disrespect to you in this comment.

the ultimate martial arts is the one that works for YOU as an individual.

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

-Booker T. Washington

• 2 months later...

I don't believe there are many people who do not compare themselves, their styles, and their own abilities when they come face to face with another style or school. What make you a good martial artist is to remain humble and not openly put down the other, especially in public. Just train harder to be good at the Art you belong to. People join MA for their own personal reasons. I am not one who likes to see a 10 year old black belt, but I really don't like seeing a 10 year old couch potato who is an expert at XBOX. If a demo, despite personal opinions from other MA, gets a kid to be involved in physical activity, then kudos to them.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.