• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Double Hipping

I've never heard of double hipping either, and when I tried to find it online, I could only find it in reference to bull riding. I would definitely ask your instructor what he means, and what you should do to correct it.

I'll echo everyone saying to slow your forms down too. This will help everything, and not just your double hipping problem (whatever it may be).

Some students, especially younger students, will try to race through their forms and the technique always suffers greatly as a result. It isn't so much that the higher ranking students are going faster when it comes to performing each individual technique in the form, but they have the form memorized a lot better, and have the technique down a lot better, so they don't need to do as much thinking as a beginner. Just take your time and think about each aspect of each technique in sequence. I.e.

-Turn head towards target

-Chamber for technique

-Step into the proper stance and make sure it's correct

-Execute chambered technique with proper power and sharpness.

-Re-check for proper stance and positioning of technique

-Repeat for next technique of the form.

Even the higher ranking guys do this, they just do it all at once, and eventually they do it as second nature and don't have to think about it. Take your time, and eventually you'll get there too.

Good training! :karate:

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt