• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You can Vote! KarateForums.com Survivor Create Your Own Mart

This is your opportunity, as a KarateForums.com user, to get involved in KarateForums.com Survivor!

We are are having a challenge where people create their own martial arts. You will not know WHO submitted it. And no one will know your vote (besides me).

Please read all of the entries posted below and then use the link below to send your vote in. The entry you vote for is the one that you believe is BEST. Remember, this was a serious event and although there is a humorous entry, keep everything in mind when voting. This wasn't intended to make you laugh and then again, it wasn't intended for any reason. It was create your own martial art, period.

Entry One:

To create my own martial art I would call it SaiKanDo. The major philosophy being that there is a way for everone to practice the martil arts.

The basic skill are derived from the Japanese/Okinawan tradition. Each student is assisted in identifying their strengths and weakness. Then the strong point are strengthened even more and ways are found to turn the weakness into assets as well.

After a base is built in basic skills weapons training is to be made availabale. Long staff being the first weapon used. Then when skills are solid with the bo each student is to look ate their own situation and aided in finding a weapon that they can learn to use in everyday self defense applications.

There is a basic framework for the cirriculum but there is to be plenty of leeway to accomadate those of varying physical ability levels. Both the most athletic able bodied and those with some level of physical disability will learn to train side by side and help each other and learn from each other.

My style starts with basics from the Japanese/Okinawan tradition because that is what I know. I firmly believe that in order to teach something the person doing the planning must know what they are talking about. It will include a weapons option to add an element of fun and at the same time another set of self defense skills. Sparring will be included beginning as step drills and building to full contact with padding. Hey if it is self defense you have to know what it feels like to hit a person and to be hit.

Well that is my idea for SaiKanDo.

----- END OF ENTRY ONE -----

Entry Two:

Martial Art Name: Ju Mutia boxing

Description- It is a combination of Judo and Muay Thai. You are in a boxing ring. It has somewhere from about 6-12 rounds depending on your weight and how good of a fighter you are. You can use your hands, feet, knees, elbows and any Judo techniques during the fight.

You can win the fight by knocking your opponent onto the ground and if they don’t get up in 10 seconds or if your opponent is beating you up badly or you are to your opponent. Or when your on the ground doing a Judo move and then go into a submission hold for 10 seconds if the opponent doesn’t move or get up or break free you win the fight.

Your equipment is You have boxing gloves on and have elbow pads also. you may wear shin pads if you want. You can throw your opponent on the ground through a clinch or by boxing gloves or by knocking him on the ground.

Rules:

1- When you knock down opponent you can keep on hitting him but no cheap moves or wrestling moves allowed. Like kicking him in the face from the ground or a knee drop ..etc.

2- Only ref can stop the fight

3- The bell cannot save you in any round

----- END OF ENTRY TWO -----

Entry Three:

Taco Bell Flatulation-do - Originally developed by the ancient fast food tribes of Southern United States, this personal defense system is based on the byproduct of digested grilled stuffed beef burritos. Liberal application of fire sauce is required for optimum results, however it's lesser strength mild version may be used if rectal meltdown develops. Advantages of this system include very little required exercise and continued protection even while sleeping. But, due to it's reliance on frequent consumption, social outcasting is experienced and continued long term useage may cause unkown complications.

----- END OF ENTRY THREE -----

Now, remember, do NOT POST YOUR VOTE HERE. Click this link: http://www.karateforums.com/forums/sendpmsg.php?tousername=Survivor and send it in privately. Please just type the name of the entry you are voting for. For example "Entry One." And thats it, it will make it easier for me to tally votes. All people not CURRENTLY involved in Survivor may vote, anyone that is currently in - may not.

Thank you for your time! The deadline for votes will be June 5 at 10:00 PM CST.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just a reminder on this, please read and vote! EVERYONE (Yes, YOU!) can vote. Just read the post above and follow the instructions.

Voting is now closed. Results will be posted tonight in the Survivor thread in the General Chat forum.

Thank you for participating.