• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How does it feel?

ShotokanKid

How does it feel to get stitches taken out? Does it hurt or anything... feel weird?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HAHA, yes it hurt ALOT. My experiance was with a student doctor who when he was putting them in my head (after it was cracked open I waited a quick 3 hours when I was 8 ) and he says "oops" right out loud and

1: stuck the sharp part under the wrong area of skin and didnt try to take and left it in, because it was one of those dissovling ones.

2: Turns out, it wasnt a dissovling one and it the skin healed over it and they had to tear skin to get to it.

and finally 3: If there was talent this butcher did have was that he knew how to make a needle insertion feel much longer than it actually was with this sort of slow driving technique into the head.

Good times.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

In my experence it depends on how long they've been in. If they've been in long enough then the skin will start to fuse to them and it will hurt a bit to take them out, but not too bad. If they've been in just the right amount of time it shouldn't be an issue.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I had a big gash cut into my side yesterday... in my side. How bad will this be? Someone told me it's like getting a hair plucked out.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I had a big gash cut into my side yesterday... in my side. How bad will this be? Someone told me it's like getting a hair plucked out.

That's kinda what it's like. It's not painful - it just feels weird.

If there was talent this butcher did have...

:lol: :lol:

Sorry you had to go through that.

I about 10 stitches across my chin when I was eight. Just tickled when they came out, didn't really feel a thing

My sister on the other hand had stitches taken out of her leg (she sat on a vase on Christmas day >.<). It took 3 of us to pin her down while she screamed her head off.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Um....why didn't they just give her local anastesia (sp) if she was screaming from it?

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

Um....why didn't they just give her local anastesia (sp) if she was screaming from it?

Sorry, guess I didn't make myself all that clear.

She wasn't screaming from the pain, she just thought there was going to be a lot of pain. Actually she probably ended up making it hurt because she was kicking so much... for some reason she found it absolutely terrifying to have this woman cut the stitches and pull them out. End result is that she had a few scratches from where she'd kicked and caught herself on the scalpel knife thing.

As for anaesthesia, its the NHS. Gotta keep costs to a minimum.

Hmm on reading my post its really not that clear at all.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius