• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Digital Camera that takes good video?

Mtal

I want to take care of two things at once and get a digital camera that takes good video. I just like the fact that they are so small, so along with taking pictures, in case I every need to take a video (does come in handy for someone taking martial arts), I have the option.

The thing is, when you look at these camera's, they don't seem to say much about the video part. I was also wondering if it really matters what camera you get, that most the options are the same and you get pretty much the same quality?

So, what features do you look for when getting a digital camera when you want it to also take good video? Any models or brands that are recomended?

Thanks.

Jay Johnson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We have a digital camera that takes video, but it only takes around 1 or 2 minutes at a time, if that. If you want good video, you may have to get a recorder as opposed to the camera, depending on how long you want to record for.

How about a digital video recorder that takes good pictures? I have a Sony 20X HandyCam that take great video and can be quickly switched back and forth to take pictures and videos. I've used it to record sparring sessions and MA tournaments then review later. While it is not as small as some of those camera/video phones that fit in your front pocket, it is roughly adult palm size and fits in a gym bag, pocketbook, or coat pocket. Picture quality is good.

Hope that helps.

dano

How about a digital video recorder that takes good pictures? I have a Sony 20X HandyCam that take great video and can be quickly switched back and forth to take pictures and videos. I've used it to record sparring sessions and MA tournaments then review later. While it is not as small as some of those camera/video phones that fit in your front pocket, it is roughly adult palm size and fits in a gym bag, pocketbook, or coat pocket. Picture quality is good.

Hope that helps.

dano

Looks like a nice recorder, but I was looking for something small, and I do need a digital camera too. Thanks.

Jay Johnson

• 2 weeks later...