• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring Stratigy Link

http://tkdtutor.com/13Sparring/Free-Sparring/SparringStrategy/SparringStrategyI.htm

Basically it covers most sparring tactics. I was wondering what type of sparrer are you more of

from the list besides the Total Package Opponent? Personally, being a white belt (going on

yellow in two more weeks), I am more of the Sniper/Faker. If I'm taller I will usually use long

range pucnhes and kicks, most commonly feinting 1-3+ times and then coming in with the strike

or kick. Works wonders in stand up fighting. Now I do stand 6'4 and weigh 185 (Kinda chubby

strong legs though), and this may be the benefactor to my winning streak in Ryukyu Kempo.

Edited by Aces Red

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I guess I would be a "Wait and Counter" fighter who deals out combos... Love to be the "Total Package Opponent" but unfortunately my legs tend to be tempermental, they either decide they want to be flexible or some days they don't want to move a great deal. I'm 5"11 and am at the heavier end of the spectrum so my tournament opponents tend to be slower but more powerful. Luckily for me I train with loads of lightweights and have been forced to train myself faster and lighter on my feet so I usually do well. Nice article.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I would love to see that link, but I can't click it. I copied into my browser window and nothing happenend. It couldn't find the address.

Worked for me. Try going to https://www.tkdtutor.com . Then click Sparring (on the left), Free Sparring, Fighting Styles. It's a really good website, I used it to help me write my thesis a while back, there's just loads of good info there.

I would love to see that link, but I can't click it. I copied into my browser window and nothing happenend. It couldn't find the address.

Worked for me. Try going to https://www.tkdtutor.com . Then click Sparring (on the left), Free Sparring, Fighting Styles. It's a really good website, I used it to help me write my thesis a while back, there's just loads of good info there.

Thank you, DWx. That was a help.

"Spook" them with a feign attack, then move in swiftly to their new location.

What is a 'feign' attack?

I think if anything I'd be an Analytical Fighter, but I'm not really good at it :lol:

Fixed the link:) I didn't see Analytical Fighter in the sparring guide listed in the first post.

What is it?

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

Thank you, DWx. That was a help.

No problem.

"Spook" them with a feign attack, then move in swiftly to their new location.

What is a 'feign' attack?

Most likely he means a feint. So the attack would be used to trigger a reaction for the person to follow through with an actual attack.

• 1 year later...

I'd gone to the site, copied and pasted the article into Word, and even ran it off, but I couldn't remember where I'd gotten it from in the forum to give a Thank You.

Thank you very much, Aces Red, for this link/article. It's something I've been reading with a blocking posting by USCMAAI.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu