• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am using a new ( new for me, of course ) move that works excelent for me. I knew this technique, but I did not try it when sparring.

I grab the guy in guillotine ,and take him to the guard and roll on my shoulder , ending in full mount , all that in one step. And for the record , it looks good :P

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZACH , look in submissions 101 . They have tons of variations.

You also check this one , from half guard http://www.grapplearts.com/Kimura-vs-Half-Guard.htm.

You can do kimura from halfguard, guard , side mount -top and bottom - and north south . The lock is almost the same with little changes.

THe kimura is like an inverted americana (ude-garami).Contrary to the americana, the opponent's wrist is grabbed with the hand on the same side, and the opposite arm is put on the back side the opponent's arm

I am using a new ( new for me, of course ) move that works excelent for me. I knew this technique, but I did not try it when sparring.

I grab the guy in guillotine ,and take him to the guard and roll on my shoulder , ending in full mount , all that in one step. And for the record , it looks good :P

This is an excellent move! It works from half guard as well. You don't always need it, but you can use a hook to elevate the opponent for even more leverage.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

It works from half guard as well. You don't always need it, but you can use a hook to elevate the opponent for even more leverage.

Do you mean directly form half guard...or making a guillotine hold and then take it to half guard ?

It works from half guard as well. You don't always need it, but you can use a hook to elevate the opponent for even more leverage.

Do you mean directly form half guard...or making a guillotine hold and then take it to half guard ?

Kinda however you get there. For example, if you're already on the bottom of half guard, you can get the under hook and start to come up, and as the opponent goes to wizzer you, snap on the guillotine. Be sure to drop it to the bottom side of your half guard. You can then unhook your legs and elevate the opponent or, of course, just finish with the guillotine.

However, if you are swept from the open guard, you can get the guillotine diuring the sweep and set it up as a counter.

It's a great technique.

Well , I would like to see this video :P Its a short move

So let it be written. So let it be done.