• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That is excellent stuff, guys. I remember reading in the books that I have on BJJ that the instructors talk a lot about building the combinations. Getting a good handle on one move, like the guillotine, and forcing people to respect it, would be a good way to facilitate combinations training, right?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats true, its hard to get a work out in while playing chess. lol!

Ha!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

well.... I couldnt try saturday cuz my head instructor was teaching an instructor course in the place we train :( but tomorrow morning im going to train and try to use guillotine in other ways....also is good advice that one about not using guillotine against unskilled guys.......

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

I used to have quite a bit of success with that submission. However, as your opponents get more experience, they know to defend against it. Remember, if you always go only for your so-called "bread and butter" move, you don't improve on many other techniques, so sometimes you should drop it from your arsenal and use only submissions you need practice on.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I learned a interesting move off of the, Kimura, timing sweep, Guillotine combo.

Where they defend the kimura by sitting back, so I place my hand out and scoot out using my hand that is over hooking the arm for the kimura to wrap between my opponents leg, I scoot out to the side to take the back. Seems like an omoplat is there also. Any way I found the move intersting.

It's only "raw" early on, after that people learn to defend the basic version of it and it becomes more technical.

It's a valid technique, and a good one. Most top fighters get really really good at a handful of things, to the point where they can make those things happen to anyone, even when that person knows it's coming.

You do want to try other things to avoid plateauing, but there is nothing wrong with having a favorite attack, as long as you continue to develop it as well.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

• 1 month later...

can someone give me a quick lesson on how to do the Kimura i can never get it.

"Theres no point, you kicked him in the butthole." comment made during a sparring match.