• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How well do u know your old kata/forms?

When we practice forms in class, the instructor starts out at white belt, and you do every form including the one for your current level. You then take a seat and watch as the higher ranks then go through the rest of the forms.

Sometimes he'll reverse the order and go from highest to lowest, to change it up.

what goes around, comes around

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you don't practice you will forget things about the forms, or forget how to do certain movements of the form. This what happend to me.

Not that it bothers me to much, I don't try that style any more, and for the most part I don't like doing alot of forms. I remember the basic ones, and I will do those every now and then. Its only a handful though.

On a side note, maybe some of the histroy buff's here can tell me. Who was that guy who only trained one form? He was Okinawan and all he ever did was Naihanchi. He had a reputation for being a really good fighter, among other things.

As I am writing this a name just popped in my head. I think it was Choki motubu. Was it him?

If you can't perform your white belt kata/form with black belt skill and quality then you shouldn't be a black belt. .

Exactly , should know them by heart , and also quality of performance .

never give up !