• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Enter The Dragon

So as Instructors, we have a responsibility to ensure that newer generations understand who these people were and what they accomplished. Understand history so you can appreciate it.

However, don't become so fixated on the past that you don't try to create a better future.

Understand who Bruce Lee (for some people), Hee Il Cho, Gen. Choi, Jhoon Rhee, and other important MA people were, but try to make something new and better.

Some people think "you could never remake Enter the Dragon". Maybe not, but Enter the Dragon was just a movie. Use it as a guide to create something new and different. Why can't you try to outdo it?

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put, YoungMan. It is good to know where you came from so that you can see where you are going. I agree that things can always get better.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, well it's probably not going to be just one movie... The title "Awaken the Dragon" seems to scream "There will be sequels!"

What would be wrong with Samuel Jackson playing Bruce Lee? He could run around with a bald head yelling "I'm Samuel Jackson!" With his lips slightly off sync with the audio as he side kicks a guy through the wall. Come on! It would be fun!

Then he could pull out a lightsabre and go to town Mace Windu style, but no before he beats down Chuck Norris.

Okay, that's probably enough... Hahah, maybe we should have a bunch of people get together and make an MA film Epic Movie style?

"I'd rather have 10 techniques that work for me than 100 techniques that work against me." -Ed Parker