• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Enter The Dragon

I don't know about this one. I think I'll let other people watch it first. Wonder who they're going to get to fill Bruce's shoes?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appearantly according to the second article "A well established American actor." to play the FBI Agent.. The last thing I want to see is like Samuel L. Jackson playing a FBI Bruce lee fill in.... No offence to the acting of Samuel l Jackson or anything that was just the first example that came to my head.

Appearantly according to the second article "A well established American actor." to play the FBI Agent.. The last thing I want to see is like Samuel L. Jackson playing a FBI Bruce lee fill in.... No offence to the acting of Samuel l Jackson or anything that was just the first example that came to my head.

They could change the title to "Enter the Snakes... On a Plane!" :P

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 3 weeks later...

If this film is even touched and the remake destroys the original then they should forever be rejected by the acting community and fired for life:P

Its like rewriting the bible just for martial arts films

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

The problem is, as you get further away from when Enter the Dragon was made, it becomes less iconic for many people. If you tried to remake it 20 years ago, it would have been impossible since too many people were vividly familiar with and idolized Bruce Lee.

Now, however, enough time has passed where new generations who don't really remember it are practicing and it doesn't retain the same power for them. And remember, there is nothing sacred in Hollywood. If Hollywood thinks they can make money from an Enter the Dragon remake, by God they'll do it.

Be honest. Does Chuck Norris have the same star power he once had? Older generations vividly remember his films (or his fights). But newer students may just see this old geezer on TV.

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

That is a good point, YoungMan, and it holds true. In the Martial Arts, it doesn't seem to translate like other sports do. Like in football, most players and fans know the history, the older players, like Bart Starr, Y. A. Tittle, and Jim Brown. It doesn't seem like the same thing takes place within the Martial Arts. Not many of my current students know the names Joe Lewis, Bill Wallace, Skipper Mullins, or the likes of Hee Il Cho or General Choi and Hwang Kee. It just doesn't seem to take hold as much.