Thoughts on ATA schools?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, the only time it takes a long time is in red belt, you spend about 6 months or 8 months as a red belt and then in red/black to black is like another 2 months.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

My instructor is doing a good job. He really cares about his students and he is great with the kids.

At my school once you go to Red/Black (they call it first degree black belt recomended) it takes another 6 months to go to first degree black belt decided. Then you get the I and your name on your blackbelt.

Actually I am testing for my recomended black belt tomorrow. :brow: At my school they give you a solid black belt. They don't use the red/ black belts. Unless they changed it and I don't know about it.

That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow.

Congrats on the black belt. It sounds like your teacher is doing a good job, thats what i like to see.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

:brow:

Yes my instructor tries very hard to make us and the school the best. I overheard one of the kids fathers saying that our instructor is not letting his son test for his first degree blackbelt decided because he didn't feel he was ready. I feel bad for the kid but I am happy that my instructor will not give out blackbelts unless he feels the student deserves it. That is why I try to make sure my 6 1/2 year old son knows his material.

Thanks for the congratuations and for the good luck. I'll let you know how I did.

That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow.

All teachers should wait untill they see that the student is ready and then test them. Like your teacher.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.