Thoughts on ATA schools?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grandmaster Woo Jin Jung (was Master Jung at the time.)
He got TKDTimes off the ground? Very cool. I enjoy the publication quite a bit. However, I have noticed that they now pick up different arts and styles here and there; not just the Korean styles anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, that is interesting, i didn't knowthat th HQ didn't emphasize these new requirements...wow, let down by the HQ.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

Hmm, that is interesting, i didn't knowthat th HQ didn't emphasize these new requirements...wow, let down by the HQ.

I'm curious to see the fitness requirements you're referring to. I'm wondering if they are not the same suggestions that came out as work-out tips from CM Clark.

Okay, i'll try and get it tonight when i go to practice and then i'll try to post it up somehow.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am a 1st deg BB in the ATA. I have found in this organazation, it depends on what school you go to how they proceed with different procedures. Our school is very strict and the students are very well trained. We do not give out BB's, they are earned. I have almost 20 years experience in the Martial Arts, Kenpo, Isshinryu, Judo, TKD. Our instructors are top quality as is the curriculum. It all depends on where you, please go to several classes and see what you think before you join anywhere, alot of schools are going to this giving Black Belts to anyone, which I do not agree with. Goodluck!!!

I love to instruct adults and children in the Martial arts. Self defense is my big thing. If I can teach someone what to do to defend themself I have done my job.

yea, it definitely does depend on where you go heavily in our organization. I do wish it wasn't so money driven though. its probably the best style of tkd i've seen in all my life.

- Bruce Lee

• 3 weeks later...