Thoughts on ATA schools?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking about GM Soon Ho Lee, right? Not the previous GM Lee, who was the one who made the forms?

The previous master made the forms.

With help of people like CM Clark. Correct?

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

All teachers should wait untill they see that the student is ready and then test them. Like your teacher.

The student will prob pass anyway...because it means more money and alot of what I see at ATA is that students perform sub-standard techiques and/or forget the forms and they STILL get promoted!

:(

Hello, I am a 1st deg BB in the ATA. I have found in this organazation, it depends on what school you go to how they proceed with different procedures. Our school is very strict and the students are very well trained. We do not give out BB's, they are earned. I have almost 20 years experience in the Martial Arts, Kenpo, Isshinryu, Judo, TKD. Our instructors are top quality as is the curriculum. It all depends on where you, please go to several classes and see what you think before you join anywhere, alot of schools are going to this giving Black Belts to anyone, which I do not agree with. Goodluck!!!

I know of a few ATA schools that will GIVE you a 1st degree black belt when you join because you say that you're a black belt in some thing without ever seeing your certificate. They want to see 6 months commitment first.

oh brother!

:o

I would be interested to know which ATA school gives someone a blackbelt just because they said they were a blackbelt in another style. Certificate or not you can't be a blackbelt in Songham Taekwondo without attending any classes.

Now they may give you a lower rank if you can show that you are capable and know some of the forms kicks etc. No ATA school should give out a blackbelt based on the fact that they are a blackbelt in a different style. Even the gratest Karate blackbelt would have to show he can do all of the required forms ,blocks kicks and punches

As for the money, if you are held back you still have to pay for the next testing so the school isn't losing anything. I don't know a parent who would want their childs to get their next belt if they haven't earned it. You pay to learn Karate. You don't pay for your rank

That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow.

There are some schools that will evaluate students who joing with prior experience, and place them at a level they feel that they are the equivalent of, technically. Now, before they can test, they must learn all of the ATA's curriculum up to that point. However, they show them some respect by acknowledging them with a rank equivalent.

• 1 month later...

Here's what this ATA school does. You walk in, you discuss your Martial Arts background with this instructor, you sign up for a 6 month commitment with the ATA, you'll be given a 1st degree black belt on your first day of classes, you'll achieve NO RANK ADVANCEMENT until you've met all requirements for 1st degree black belt in whatever time that may take, at the end of the 6 months this instructor will only then want to see your certificate(s) to pass on to the ATA HQ as well as to this instructors teacher.

This is all that's needed! No prior evaluation of any time is required and/or needed before you get your ATA 1st degree black belt.

The worlds gone crazy!

:evil: :-? :kaioken:

I was taught to say nothing if I can't say anything nice....so I'm going to shut up. I want to speak life and not death as Jesus has commanded.

How much I want to tell you all what I've experienced these past 6 months while my daughter was in the ATA.

:)