• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I even quietly pointed out to my wife how neither guy was clinching or using knees or kicks or joint locks or taking it to the ground.

Only a martial artist would do this!:lol:

That's what my wife said! :lol:

I kind of wanted to watch surreptitiously from a distance, but she thought I was crazy and just wanted to leave the area. Realistically I had to agree with her, but I was actually sorry I didn't get to observe more. I never like to pass up an opportunity to learn something. :karate:

I guess we're all like that? Too funny.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Quote:

I even quietly pointed out to my wife how neither guy was clinching or using knees or kicks or joint locks or taking it to the ground.

Only a martial artist would do this!:lol:

That's what my wife said! :lol:

I kind of wanted to watch surreptitiously from a distance, but she thought I was crazy and just wanted to leave the area. Realistically I had to agree with her, but I was actually sorry I didn't get to observe more. I never like to pass up an opportunity to learn something. :karate:

I guess we're all like that? Too funny.

:) martial artists are a strange breed, bless 'em.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I would never stand around and watch a streetfight. I refuse to derive amusement from two peoples' conflict. I might observe for a few seconds to see if others are at risk, or watch to see if one party is being beaten so badly he might need an ambulance. But if the situation seemed to be in their hands, let them handle it alone.

I would bring to a streetfight whatever the situation calls for. If the aggressor is obviously inexperienced and nervous, I don't need anything more than perhaps a small demonstration of what he might be in for if he keeps it up. If he is 6'2", 290lbs, and enraged, that's a whole nother story. Then, anything goes including, kicking, punching, biting etc.

There is no martial arts without philosophy.