• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

favorite combination

I prefer simple and effective. Front leg roundhouse to the groin...it either makes contact, or at least causes your opponent to drop his guard. Either way, followed up immediately as your foot is coming down with a backfist or punch to the head. Works most of the time.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say an inside cresant kick right into a spinning jumping inside cresant kick.

Thats why you wear a cup silly ;)

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

it would still hurt like heck... i would be horrified if i got kicked in the groin :P i wouldnt be the happiest camper...

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

hmmm they let you do groin shots at ur school? *shudders*

Yep! We don't full contact the groin...you don't have to to know you got it. Most cups make a distinctive "pop" when struck.

But then again, very few of my students wear a cup anyway. I've found that those that do on a regular basis tend to not protect that area nearly as much. I leave that as an option for 18 years and up...but not an option for 17 and below. Those kids are required to wear a cup. For myself, I haven't worn one probably in 25+ years, and even then, it was seldom. I block instead. :D

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

lol so its like block it or your not going to be a happy camper for like a month because of an accidental kick.... in training? man.. see i only study taekwondo cuz i love it, i do the things needed to be used in sport, but OUCH! thats gotta be the worst one ive heard in a while, i mean i know about it, just not as a fav. combination :P

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

Unless you're planning on wearing a cup everytime you leave your house, and your purpose for training in a MA is for self-defense purposes (not just sport), then you;'d better learn how to block/protect your groin.

It's not all that difficult actually. Use your legs to block more than your hands. Also, we keep our kicks lower. The higher your kicks, the easier it is to get nailed in the groin (DUH!) :roll:

I have been kicked with it on and without it and I have found to be a be better without. MONTANA your right who goes out from their house wearing a cup everyday.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

• 2 weeks later...

Palm-heel to chin followed by a Tiger mouth to the throat......works every time!

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International