Mizu_Gami

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train Isshinryu,its one of the best fighting styles around.Many good fighters have an Isshinryu background.I like it because you can devote a great deal of time improving and correcting the eight empty hand kata.Instead of just learning kata after kata to test.Its not the only style like that but there aren't many.

Tom Hodges

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi

Had a look at your website actually. You have some great photos on there. You obviously have a good photographer amongst your ranks.

My brother is the chief photographer for New Bern North Carolina's newspaper. He is also dojo sempai.

Its a mighty nice advantage to have someone around with all of his equipment and such.

Thanks for checking out our site!

• 2 weeks later...

Small world huh?What lineage of isshinryu do you guys practice?I train under Bill Steigner sensei in Isshinryu,he is a first generation student of Tatsuo Shimabuku.He trains and teaches Matayoshi weapons also.I train and teach Ryu Kyu Kobodo.We have some very interesting kobudo classes.

Tom Hodges

That is part of the interesting thing about Isshinryu.Because of the politics in the past there is a vast difference in many of the groups.I find it very cool that we all do the same things in so many different ways.

Two weeks ago I attended the winter camp fror Donald Bohans group here in Florida.They call their group The Isshinryu Network.It was great,I had a wonderfull time and learned a great deal.Not so much about my Isshinryu but about the different view points.there were representatives there from Virginia,New York,Puerto Rico and of course Florida.There were many others but I don't remeber all of them.But there was a lot of lineages there.They have a large seminar/tournament coming up in June or July somewhere up near your area.Steigner sensei says we are going to be there.I hope your group may attend also.You can get more info at their website.Just do a search on the Bohan Family Memorial Website.They have lots of good information and pictures there.

Tom Hodges

Hey, Holland is my instuctor and I didn't know he was on these boards till today... weird.

That's awesome. :)

They have a large seminar/tournament coming up in June or July somewhere up near your area.Steigner sensei says we are going to be there.I hope your group may attend also.You can get more info at their website.Just do a search on the Bohan Family Memorial Website.They have lots of good information and pictures there.

Tom Hodges

I don't think we are going there but we are going to try to make he AOKA National Championships in NC since its alittle closer to home.

Hi Holland,

I am glad to hear that.

Had a look at your website actually. You have some great photos on there. You obviously have a good photographer amongst your ranks.

Lovely community feel to your Dojo which I think is very important.

I agree! Some of the photos were very good. Looks like a nice place to train.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."